Travelling with pets_old

Passengers are allowed to travel with their pets in all Ellinair flights. When you are making your reservation you should inform our staff for the transportation of your pet.



"55cm. length, 40cm. height, 20cm. width"

In order to travel with your pet inside the aircraft’s cabin you have to put in a special cage, and will remain throughout the flight. The dimensions of the cage should not exceed 55cm. length x 40cm. height x 20cm. width. The maximum weight of the pet (including the cage) is 8 kg.

Charge:  2€ / kg in case of domestic flights and 5 € / kg in case of international flights.

The required documents are :

  • Pet's Health Book
  • Electronic microchip - identity
  • Existing European pet passport for international flights
  • Proof of current rabies vaccination document

If you wish to transport more than one pet, must be placed on the same cage and should be familiar to one another.

Pet transportation is also allowed in the cargo compartment , provided that the pet is placed in a special cage.

Passengers with hearing and vision problems may be accompanied by a trained guide dogs free of charge, provided that they have mentioned during the reservation.




Pet transportation and animal shipping over the territory of the EU member states is arranged with the issue of EU Veterinary Certificate (the so-called Euro Certificate).
The topic can be summarized as follows:
The form of the EU Veterinary Certificate has been changed; a requirement to confirm the type of transportation (commercial or non-commercial), for those who transport more than 5 dogs has been added; terms of vaccination against rabies have been supplemented by a section about puppies younger than 12 weeks (the new Regulation specifies that animals are not permitted to be vaccinated against rabies before they reach 12 weeks of age). The main document regulating dogs (and cats) transportation within the territory of the EU is Regulation (EU) No. 576/2013 of the European Parliament and Council dated 12th June 2013.
1. Transportation paper-work. For animals from Russia, as a document accompanying their transportation over the territory of the European Union member states is still a Veterinary Certificate. However its form has been slightly changed. As before, the certificate must be drawn up at least in the language of a member state and in English, it should be filled in block letters in the language of the EU country where the animal shall be transported, or in English. For your better understanding we attach an English-Russian form of the Certificate. Besides that we also attach the form of the document.
2. Vaccination against rabies. For adult animals (over 15 weeks of age), vaccinated against rabies and kept in quarantine for 21 days, the order remains the same: the date of administration of the vaccine does not precede the date of marking (chip); the period of validity of the vaccination, made in accordance with the requirements set forth in Annex III to Regulation (EU) No. 576/2013 (the requirements limit the list of the vaccines used), starts no less than 21 days from the completion of the vaccination protocol for the primary vaccination, and any subsequent vaccination was carried out within the period of validity of the preceding vaccination.
If animals are transited through the country, which does not have favorable conditions concerning rabies epidemiological situation, a positive blood test (antibody titration test) results for antibodies to rabies are additionally required. (There is an exception in the new Regulation which allows a transit through the countries with unfavorable rabies epidemiological situation without rabies antibody titration test, provided that the animal has not left the airplane or the perimeter of an international airport); As to the animals under 12 weeks of age and not vaccinated against rabies, as well as the animals aged from 12 to 16 weeks vaccinated against rabies but not completed 21 days in quarantine after the first vaccination, the new EU Regulation No. 576/2013 allows the EU member states to make a decision on their own.
The Greek sanitary service, for example, prohibits the import of such animals! EU Veterinary Certificate should be issued at least in one of the official languages of the member states as well as in English. The Certificate is to be filled in block letters either in the official language of the member-state where the animal in imported or in English (e.g. if entering to the EU through Poland, the Certificate is to be filled in Polish, in English and in Russian (filling in Russian is required for the authorities of the Federal Service for Veterinary & Phytosanitary Supervision <*Rosselkhoznadzor> which legalizes the Certificate with appropriate signatures and seals).